[meta-freescale] i.MX6 mfw_isink is not working with X11 "Nitrogen"

Daiane Angolini daiane.list at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 08:19:52 PST 2012

On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM, Daiane Angolini <daiane.list at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Tarek El-Sherbiny
> <tarek.elsherbiny at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Same problem
>> root at nitrogen6x:~# DISPLAY=:0 /unit_tests/mxc_epdc_x11_fb_test.out
>>
>> Error: unable to open X display
>>
>> Does work for you Daiane?
> I haven´t tried.
>
> I´m booting my board and I will test everything, but For X11 you
> always need to tell which display you´re using (when starting anything
> from console).

mfw_isink plays the movie, but I cannot see it (what is your behavior?
Do you get any error?)

And, for isink you need to take care of vssconfig file and kernel
command line. It does not work "out of box" as v4lsink does.

See at /usr/share/vssconfig*

I´m not familiar with isink behavior for imx6 yet, but for imx53, if
you don´t configure it properly, it won´t work.

Daiane