[meta-freescale] Introduction to meta-fsl-freescale

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Mon Dec 10 03:08:11 PST 2012

On Sun, Dec 9, 2012 at 7:50 PM, Eric Nelson <eric.nelson at boundarydevices.com
> wrote:

> Hi all,

Hello Eric and Troy,

> We (at Boundary Devices) have been putting off kicking the Yocto tires
> for way too long. We knew there was some cool stuff happening in this
> space but hadn't experienced it for ourselves.
>
> With a kick from Otavio, I built fsl-image-gui for SABRE Lite overnight
> and ran it today on a Nitrogen6X.
>
> Before saying anything further, I must say "well done!". Everyone
> involved deserves credit for an outstanding first impression.

I am glad to read this and I am sure all people involved with Yocto or meta-
freescale (be it PowerPC or ARM) will be glad as well.

Our main objective is to make it easy for first use but flexible when some
more advanced is need. This give us a good balance which allows Yocto to be
used from small and simple projects to mass production and heavily
customized embedded Linux system.

> I just joined the list and look forward to spending more time with
> this in the near future.
>
> This is a big project and I'm quite the N00b, so I think it will
> take a while to get the lay of the land.

Those are very good news. It is quite important to have more companies and
people aboard so more use cases can be covered.

> In the mean-time, let us know how we can help.
>
> It's clear that we can help on some of the bits, including integration
> of some of our U-Boot and kernel patches. We'll also try to make sure
> the use of peripherals like Wi-Fi, BT, camera, and touch screens is as
> simple as possible.

Ok, we'll pester you guys! :)

> And thanks again Otavio for the gentle nudge!

You guys are welcome. :-)

Mobile: +55 53 9981-7854              http://projetos.ossystems.com.br