[meta-freescale] How to include libfslcodec pkg in my image?

Tarek El-Sherbiny tarek.elsherbiny at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 02:28:19 PST 2012

Hi All,

I have pulled the latest git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-fsl-arm into my -b
master build just today.

In my local image I added to IMAGE_INSTALL += "libfslcodec" but I'm getting
this error:

| Processing lighttpd-module-fastcgi...
| Processing perl-module-strict...
| Processing gst-fsl-plugin...
| Processing perl-module-file-glob...
| Processing libfslvpuwrap3...
| Processing libsysvar...
| Processing gstreamer...
| Processing libfslcodec...
| Processing perl-module-exporter-heavy...
| Processing libsdl-image-1.2-0...
| Unable to resolve package libfslcodec
| ERROR: some packages were missing
| ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs (see
/data/extend_homes/telsherbiny/work/fsl-community-bsp/build/tmp/work/imx6qsabrelite-poky-linux-gnueabi/imx6-accelerated-image-1.0-r0/temp/log.do_rootfs.16851
for further information)
ERROR: Task 7
(/data/extend_homes/telsherbiny/work/fsl-community-bsp/sources/meta-adh-console/recipes-core/images/
imx6-accelerated-image.bb, do_rootfs) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 3804 tasks of which 3802 didn't need to be
rerun and 1 failed.
No currently running tasks (3803 of 3805)

imx6-accelerated-image.bb, do_rootfs

It is not complaining about libfslvpuwrap or libfslparser which is strange!!

I'm trying to use the gstreamer vpu plugin but it's not working so when I
checked the installed libraries I didn't find the codecs which I think is
causing the problem.

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks,
Tarek