[linux-yocto] [kernel-cache][RFC 0/3] qemuarm|qemuarm64: graphics support

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 14:08:48 PST 2019

On Wed, Feb 27, 2019 at 10:58 PM Jon Mason <jdmason at kudzu.us> wrote:

> This series reverts the reversion of qemuarm match for qemuarma15, and
> adds graphics support for both qemuarm and qemuarm64.
>
> I'm sending this out as an RFC as there are some issues with the
> implementation, and this should probably only be included if the
> forthcoming patches for meta/conf/machine/qemuarm64.conf and
> meta/conf/machine/qemuarm.conf are acceptable.

The series looks fine to me (at least patch 1 and 3). To allow us
flexibility in the
future, I'll leave qemuarm out of the qemuarma15 machine .scc file ..
and instead
can do a patch that adds:

KMACHINE_qemuarm ?= "qemuarma15"

to linux-yocto_* in the master branch.

That will have the same end result, if you build qemuarm, the tools will go look
for the qemuarma15 match and will find your new definitions for the
kernel build.

That way, I can backport future config changes to older release branches and
they won't change how the old qemuarm works.

When we get to the fall release, I can drop the KMACHINE mapping, and make
the change to the kernel meta data directly.

I'll do up a queue with that in it shortly.

Cheers,

Bruce

> Thanks,
> Jon
>

> Jon Mason (3):
>   qemuarma15: Undo the revert of qemuarm match
>   qemuarma15: Add graphics support
>   qemuarm64: Add graphics support
>
>  bsp/qemuarm64/qemuarm64-gfx.cfg          | 7 +++++++
>  bsp/qemuarm64/qemuarm64.scc              | 1 +
>  bsp/qemuarma15/qemuarma15-gfx.cfg        | 7 +++++++
>  bsp/qemuarma15/qemuarma15-preempt-rt.scc | 1 +
>  bsp/qemuarma15/qemuarma15-standard.scc   | 1 +
>  bsp/qemuarma15/qemuarma15-tiny.scc       | 1 +
>  bsp/qemuarma15/qemuarma15.cfg            | 3 +++
>  bsp/qemuarma15/qemuarma15.scc            | 1 +
>  8 files changed, 22 insertions(+)
>  create mode 100644 bsp/qemuarm64/qemuarm64-gfx.cfg
>  create mode 100644 bsp/qemuarma15/qemuarma15-gfx.cfg
>
> --
> 2.17.2

- Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await
thee at its end
- "Use the force Harry" - Gandalf, Star Trek II