[linux-yocto] Modify sysctl.conf

Franz Forstmayr f.forstmayr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 02:06:17 PST 2019

Hi,

I have a board with more than one ethernet ports, which should get
connected to the same network, at least for now. I wanted to prevent
arp flux for my build and appended the procps recipe with following
lines.

do_install_prepend() {
    echo "net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_announce=1" >> ${WORKDIR}/sysctl.conf
    echo "net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_ignore=2" >> ${WORKDIR}/sysctl.conf
}
The sysctl.conf gets modified in my tmp/work folder, however the
sysctl file doesn't get deployed to my rootfs? How to fix this issue.
Further testing shows, that the sysctl.conf doesn't even got deployed
without my bbappend.
So, how to get this work, or is there a better way to modify the sysctl?

Franz