[linux-yocto] Adding SPI Flash in dtsi file.

Pierre Lessard plessard at pragmandt.com
Wed Oct 31 05:21:34 PDT 2018

Hi,
I need to add the S25FL256SAGMFIR01 SPI Flash device to my recipe.
This is a 256MBit flash device.

I have a hard time figuring out what definition to add.

&ecspi2{
fsl,spi-num-chipselects = <1>;
cs-gpios = <&gpio5 29 0>; /* Native CS */
pinctrl-names = "default";
pinctrl-0 = <&pinctrl_ecspi2_1 &pinctrl_ecspi2_cs_1>;
status = "okay";

my_flash: m25p256 at 0 {
compatible = "spansion,s25fl256s0";
spi-max-frequency = <10000000>;
reg = <0>;
mode = <0>;
#address-cells = <1>;
#size-cells = <1>;
partition at 0 {
label = "FPGA";
reg = <0x0 0x00A00000>;
};
partition at 0x00A00000{
label = "filesystem";
reg = <0x00A00000 0x01600000>;
};
};
};

Thanks,

----------------------------------
*Pierre LESSARD*
Directeur du logiciel / Director of Software Engineering

*PRAGMA     |    **Instrumental to your success*
2925, avenue Kepler
<https://maps.google.com/?q=2925,+avenue+KeplerVille+de+Qu%C3%A9bec,+Qu%C3%A9bec+Canada+-%C2%A0G1X+3V4&entry=gmail&source=g>
Ville de Québec, Québec
<https://maps.google.com/?q=2925,+avenue+KeplerVille+de+Qu%C3%A9bec,+Qu%C3%A9bec+Canada+-%C2%A0G1X+3V4&entry=gmail&source=g>
Canada -
<https://maps.google.com/?q=2925,+avenue+KeplerVille+de+Qu%C3%A9bec,+Qu%C3%A9bec+Canada+-%C2%A0G1X+3V4&entry=gmail&source=g>

<https://maps.google.com/?q=2925,+avenue+Kepler+Ville+de+Qu%C3%A9bec,+Qu%C3%A9bec+Canada+-+%C2%A0+G1X+3V4&entry=gmail&source=g>G1X
3V4
<https://maps.google.com/?q=2925,+avenue+KeplerVille+de+Qu%C3%A9bec,+Qu%C3%A9bec+Canada+-%C2%A0G1X+3V4&entry=gmail&source=g>
Tél: +1-418-260-9088 x22 <(418)%20260-9088>4
+1-855-PRAGMA1 (USA+Canada)
Fax: +1-418-266-1666 <(418)%20266-1666>

*NOTICE DE CONFIDENTIALITÉ :*  Ce courriel et tous ses pièces jointes
contiennent de l’information privée et confidentielle appartenant à PRAGMA
à l’intention du destinataire seulement.  Toute lecture, copie ou
distribution de ce courriel à d’autres tiers non-reliés est formellement
interdite.  Si vous n’êtes pas le destinataire visé, prière de supprimer ce
courriel et de prévenir l’expéditeur.

*CONFIDENTIALITY WARNING :  This email and any attachments included contain
PRAGMA private and confidential information intended for the recipient
only. Any review, copying, or distribution of this email to other parties
not involved is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete immediately and contact the sender.*