[linux-yocto] Where is the kernel source code ?

Ran Shalit ranshalit at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 23:14:49 PST 2017

Hello,

I am trying to use RT preempt with linux.
I've done the following
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel ?= "linux-yocto-rt"
PREFERRED_VERSION_linux-yocto-rt ?= "4.4%"

Testing the image after build with uname -a, shows it is RT preempt patch.
"uname -a"
4.4.26-rt19-yocto-preempt-rt #1 SMP PREEMPT RT

I then checked in  build/tmp/work-shared/congatec-qa3-64/kernel-source
doing
make kernel version:
4.4.26
I don't see it print the prrempt rt as expected in version.

So I wander: Is it that the source code in "build/tmp/work-shared"  is
*before* or *after* applying the rt patch ?

Regards,
Ran