[linux-yocto] Modify the device trees for sama5d35-xplained

Morgan Guillou mguillou at pixelsurmer.com
Fri Jan 15 10:24:57 PST 2016

I've been working with hardware sama5d35-xplained.
I used the at91 tutorial to compile and install yocto distribution on the target, that's fine.
My next step is to redefine one interface that is custom to my board, I want to enable the USART2.
I modify the dts file: "/poky/build-atmel/tmp/work-shared/sama5d3-xplained/kernel-source/arch/arm/boot/dts/at91-sama5d3_xplained.dts" to add :
usart2: serial at f8020000{
Pinctrl-0 = <&pinctrl_usart2>;
Status = "okay":
};

Maybe I'm just tired, or maybe this is just hard... but the dtb file is not updated when I run bitbake.
So do I have to manually compile the dts file or is there some way to do it via "bitbake core-image-minimal" ?

Thanks,
Morgan.

[Description : Sans titre]
Morgan Guillou