[linux-yocto] pspflash and framebuffer

Ran Shalit ranshalit at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 23:32:23 PST 2015

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 9:05 AM, Ran Shalit <ranshalit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a pspflash binary which is a blocking process, while another
> binary returns immediately after showing the image for a split of a
> second.
> Now I don't understand why these 2 binaries behave differently. Should
> pspflash continously write into framebuffer (I would assume not,
> becuase it seems more reasonable that framebuffer will be wrtten with
> the image just once),
>
> Regards,
> Ran

I would like to add also that I am not sure how framebuffer uses
processor graphics in term of memory and display refresh.

for example, is it required that the image be written info frambuffer
again and again or is it suffecient to write it only once ?

The question arise from a behaviour in which thw iimage disappear
after a split of a second when doing things such as :

> cat mybmp.bmp > /dev/fb0

I am not sure if this problem is a matter of display timing issue or
wrong usage of fbdev.

Regards,

Ran