[linux-yocto] [yaffs2] compile fixes for v3.17-rc7 available

Paul Gortmaker paul.gortmaker at windriver.com
Mon Sep 29 13:53:14 PDT 2014

Hi YAFFS2 folks,

We wanted to ensure yaffs2 would build on the latest development
kernel of the Yocto project (currently 3.17-rc7) and so I had to
make the following changes to align with mainline kernel changes:

de322e053ffe yaffs2: implement ->splice_write() via ->write_iter()
402aa41beb8a yaffs2: use write_iter variants of {__,}generic_file_aio_write()
6acc59b6db9e yaffs2: switch simple generic_file_aio_read() users to ->read_iter()

These commits are available here:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/linux-yocto-dev/log/?h=standard/base

The 4th yaffs2 commit in the above repo is already present in the main
yaffs2 repo, so you can ignore it and only pay attention to the top three.

Thought I'd mention it in case it saves someone else re-doing the same
work over again.  Note: compile tested only.

Thanks,
Paul.