[linux-yocto] LTSI for 3.10 - Standard Practice

Hart, Darren darren.hart at intel.com
Tue Feb 11 16:26:39 PST 2014

On 2/11/14, 16:11, "Bruce Ashfield" <bruce.ashfield at windriver.com> wrote:

>On 2/11/2014, 7:06 PM, Hart, Darren wrote:
>> On 2/11/14, 16:04, "Bruce Ashfield" <bruce.ashfield at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> standard/ltsi is applied on top of the standard branch contents, and
>>>since
>>> we already had the minnow io features in there, I checked the patches
>>> and went with the ones already in the standard branch.
>>
>> Ah, but I'm talking about minnow-io, which is not in the standard
>>branch,
>> it exists only in features/minnow-io (and greg's LTSI, but not
>> standard/ltsi).
>
>Look again. When I merged LTSI, I had a 1:1 conflict with
>patches already applied. So you may think that features/minnow-io
>wasn't applied .. but it was.

There are two things happening here.

1) The PCH_GBE and PCH_UART changes. Those were in standard/base and would
have conflicted with LTSI.

2) The non-upstream minnow-io (drivers/platform/x86/minnow*) drivers.
These are only in minnow-io, still.

$ git rev-parse standard/ltsi
e9cdab78bed262dbeadc7f403989f20972bcddde

$ git rev-parse HEAD
e9cdab78bed262dbeadc7f403989f20972bcddde

$ ls drivers/platform/x86/minnow*
ls: cannot access drivers/platform/x86/minnow*: No such file or directory

$ git rev-parse meta
7fc16a9dc80bfdb8ebde9ba0f153e70e0c1f5f44

$ git rev-parse HEAD
7fc16a9dc80bfdb8ebde9ba0f153e70e0c1f5f44

# Sorry about this... Ugly :-)
$ grep drivers/platform/x86/minnowboard
meta/cfg/kernel-cache/features/minnow-io/*patch | cut -f2 -d ' ' | grep
minnow | grep -ve "^b" | sort | uniq
drivers/platform/x86/minnowboard-gpio.c
drivers/platform/x86/minnowboard-gpio.h
drivers/platform/x86/minnowboard-keys.c
drivers/platform/x86/minnowboard.c

So as far as I can tell, the minnow-io patches only exist in the minnow-io
feature and have not been applied to standard/ltsi.

Am I missing something?

--
Darren

--