[linux-yocto] LTSI for 3.10 - Standard Practice

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 16:04:48 PST 2014

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 5:50 PM, Hart, Darren <darren.hart at intel.com> wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> While looking to update the MinnowBoard dora BSP I noticed that the minnow
> platform drivers Greg added to LTSI were not in standard/ltsi. Did you
> drop those in favor of the minnow-io feature?

standard/ltsi is applied on top of the standard branch contents, and since
we already had the minnow io features in there, I checked the patches
and went with the ones already in the standard branch.

> I see the standard/base and standard/ltsi branches are at the same commit
> ID. What is the expected usage here? If you want LTSI, are you expected to
> specify standard/ltsi? Or is that just a staging branch, and everything
> can be assumed to have the contents of LTSI? (The latter was my
> expectation, but I wanted to be sure).

All branches have LTSI contained with them, so you can use any branch
in the tree and be assured that you have LTSI + anything extra on the
branch, but definitely an exact superset of LTSI.

So yep, you have it right, standard/ltsi is just where I staged the LTSI
integration, and where I'll merge any updates to it.

Bruce

> --
> Darren Hart
> Yocto Project - Linux Kernel