[linux-yocto] Manage utf8 into ext3 rootfs

Cjb_SW Freescale cjb.sw.nospam at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 00:57:06 PST 2014

Hi,
our kernel version is 2.6.35-3 from freescale for arm (imx53)
we cannot  manage utf8 filename into the root filesystem.

>From FTP we cannot  tranfer correctly from FTP filename into the root
filesystem.
>From USB we cannot mount vfat utf8 above out mount information

/dev/sda1 on /pen type vfat
(rw,relatime,gid=6,fmask=0007,dmask=0007,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)

We try the option -o  utf8=1 but dosen't work.

We need some help/hint to how to manage utf8 filesystem with our arm device

Thanks
Ruggero Bandera