[linux-yocto] RFC 500 line media config fragment

Hart, Darren darren.hart at intel.com
Mon Nov 18 13:18:46 PST 2013

Bruce,

I've been carrying around a 500 line config fragment from Koen for the
MinnowBoard that I would like to eliminate from the BSP.

The time to validate these options will be significant, so before I dig
in, I'm wondering what we think the best way to deal with these
internally to linux-yocto.

This fragment enables media APIs, subsystems, webcams, analog and
digital TV tuners, etc. I imagine there is sum commonality here that
could go in a media-common fragment, like VIDEO_V4L2, etc. A webcam
fragment would be logical (do we break that out into USB, PCI, SoC?),
what about tuners? digital, analog, satellite, terrestrial, USB, PCI...
lots of ways to split it. We didn't split by bus on the wifi features,
so the logical split to me would be:

media-common.cfg
webcam.cfg
tuner.cfg

Possibly with something like:

media-soc.cfg for some of the more specific stuff - or perhaps just
eliminate those and rely on the BSP for that SoC to pull those in?
Yeah... that I think.

media.cfg attached. Any other suggestions?

--
Darren Hart
Intel Open Source Technology Center