[linux-yocto] updated emgd-1.16 branch for linux-yocto-dev repo

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Tue Feb 26 21:30:55 PST 2013

On 13-02-26 3:11 PM, Kamble, Nitin A wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
>    I notice the emgd-1.16 branch in the Linux-yocto-dev repo is too behind the standard/base.
> The pull request for it was creating 1466 patches. While I have added just 3 commits to get emgd-1.16 working there.
> So I am not sending a pull request for these changes.

FYI: I sync'd the emgd-1.16 branch against the v3.8 kernel tag, and
in fact, all of linux-yocto-dev is now at the full 3.8 release.

> Can you instead pull these branch in the the emgd-1.16 branch of the repo?
> http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/linux-yocto-contrib/log/?h=nitin/emgd-1.16
>
> These changes are building fine with the dev repo, and also X is able to start the sato gui with the EMGD drivers as expected.

I pulled the three changes into the -dev kernel, I'd like to get
confirmation
from Tom and Darren that they work for them as well, since that
will keep the emgd-1.16 branch clean in linux-yocto-3.8 if we need
to do any fixes.

I'll consider that confirmation the pull request for the 3.8 recipe
and will cherry pick the patches over locally.

Cheers,

Bruce