[linux-yocto] Integrating with Yocto Build environment

Manish Sharma sharma.manish13 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 11:40:01 PDT 2013

Ok... I will try to explain more.
I learnt about Yocto Project pretty recently and its flexibility to create
customized embedded linux image by including additional software pieces.
I have a small piece of software.. (multiple c files including user space
and kernel space, makefile based compilation framework).
Although it seems my content would be a BSP layer (not 100% sure though)
but all I am attempting is to integrate my software into Yocto Project such
that when I build a Yocto image, it should compile my software as well.
And ultimately my software would be a part of the created image.
And all I know that I need to use layers for this.

I am still to learn beyond this and need guidance..

Regards
Manish Sharma