[linux-yocto] Integrating with Yocto Build environment

Manish Sharma sharma.manish13 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 01:58:41 PDT 2013

Actually my requirement is to compile my user & kernel source (C source
code) as a layer in Yocto (using whatever toolchain yocto uses) so that the
resulting image should have my binaries (both user and kernel level). And I
can directly invoke them on my will.

I had started with yocto build appliance VM but ran into issues majorly
because 'eth' interfaces are not coming up on that VM hence no network!
I have now installed a Cent OS machine with poky and other required
packages. Follwing the dev-manual to create a layer, place source and build
the image.
Kindly suggest if I am missing any of the steps required to achieve my
objective?
Any guidance would be helpful in this case..

Regards
Manish Sharma