[linux-yocto] Fwd: Fwd: [LTSI-dev] LTSI 3.4 tree now open

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Mon Sep 24 11:35:51 PDT 2012

On 12-09-19 04:14 PM, Darren Hart wrote:

> On 09/19/2012 07:24 AM, Bruce Ashfield wrote:
>> Finally what we've been waiting for.
>>
>> Once we are out of the yocto 1.3 cycle crunch (should be soon), we'll
>> start taking content out of the standard/base branch of the 3.4 yocto
>> kernel and pushing down to LTSI what makes sense.
>>
>> I'll then start the 3.4 tree for yocto 1.4 with some LTSI branches as
>> we've been discussion over the past few months.
>
> I think we only have about a month. How would you like to break this
> work up? How much do you want to do, how much would you like me to do, etc.

Back to this, sorry about the delay. That weekend thing got in the
way again.

Here's some answers, and some questions. I won't promise more answers
than questions.

   - patches/features to LTSI: PaulG and myself can take care of carving
     up what makes sense, since we've had a fair bit of exposure to them
     all during merge, and can supply context around them.

     That being said, we will probably have more updates in the future,
     and we'll trickle them in after that.

  - For now, we'll hold configuration fragments, etc, in linux-yocto and
    apply them on top of of the LTSI base in the yocto 1.4, 3.4 kernel.

  - re: deadline. Have you seen something from Greg that indicates how
    long he wants the merge window for LTSI 3.4 ? Or are you talking
    about yocto / other deadlines ?

  - I'll take care of generating the new linux-yocto 3.4 with LTSI as
    a base branch, and build option for pure LTSI boards.

  - Darren: I'd be interested in -rt on top of LTSI being tested, so
    that is a good place for your direct help, as would be ensuring
    that Intel specific patches (graphics, NTB, ixgb updates, etc) that
    are LTSI candidates get submitted to LTSI. For -rt, that's something
    we can offer on LTSI instead of vice versa (LTSI offering it to us).

  - If Tom knows of any recent tracing improvements in the mainline
    kernel that would be good for yocto 3.4/LTSI, now's a good time

Comments ?

Bruce