[linux-yocto] FYI: linux-yocto-dev is 3.6-rc4

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Mon Sep 10 08:00:09 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Just a heads up for anyone that might want to poke with a newer
kernel that I pushed a new linux-yocto-dev kernel tree with an
update to 3.6-rc4 (I'll bump to rc5 shortly as well).

This is the 3.4 meta data brought forward with the following
notes:

   - Minor adjustments have been made for obselete Kconfigs and
     fragments, but no full audit has been done yet.
   - no preempt-rt support until tglx bumps to 3.6
   - the routerstationpro queue wasn't carried forward yet (volunteers?)
   - unionfs is dropped (not updating) and aufs is replacing it for now
   - perf has some new warnings that don't play with gcc 4.7, so I have
     a temporary patch:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/linux-yocto-dev/commit/?h=standard/base&id=aa6bf24f6a6effbacae8cc4f17350bffa71d7082

     A better patch would be appreciated. There are several reports of the
     errors that I'm seeing, but strangely, none seem to have merged yet.

built and booted on core-image-minimal for qemux86. More coverage
testing (and fixes) are also appreciated :)

Cheers,

Bruce