[linux-yocto] MMC Errors on FRI2

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Thu Oct 25 06:33:42 PDT 2012

On 12-10-25 03:28 AM, Darren Hart wrote:
> On 10/24/2012 11:23 PM, Iorga, Cristian wrote:
>> Not a solution, but some info:
>>
>> http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-mmc/msg12678.html
>>
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-omap@vger.kernel.org/msg66434.html
>>
>> http://pastebin.com/m4nbaNn9
>
> Thanks - I found it:
>

> Author: Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org>
> Date:   Fri Jun 1 10:39:45 2012 -0400
>
>      mmc: sdhci: Use DBG() instead of pr_warning() on large timeout
>
>      commit 09eeff52bf20d485bcafc441f01c142c59c3da16 upstream.
>

> How's that for a crappy result of a bisection! Just silence it. Awesome :-)
>

> Bruce, I'll have this and at least one more for you tonight. PLEASE
> apply them to standard/base, tiny, and preempt-rt. The fri2 giveaway is
> in need of these, and it needs to complete tomorrow (well... today).

Will do. I see the patches, I'll have them merged within the hour.
But obviously, you'll need to update to new SRCREVs on your BSPs and
the rest of the 1.3 ones won't see them. I'll have to queue a SRCREV
update for 1.3.x maintenance.

I'm still sitting on my 3.4.x updates, so hopefully this is the last,
last minute bug :)

Bruce