[intel-iot-refkit] intel-iot-refkit in a single repo

Patrick Ohly patrick.ohly at intel.com
Thu Apr 27 01:53:47 PDT 2017

On Wed, 2017-04-26 at 18:52 +0200, Patrick Ohly wrote:
> When fetching objects only once (via the --reference parameter), a
> checkout is twice a fast and requires less disk space, but admittedly
> also is more complicated:
>
> $ time sh -c 'git clone git at github.com:pohly/intel-iot-refkit.git && cd intel-iot-refkit && git submodule init && git submodule update --reference .'

The Github article [1] about git submodules recommends to provide a
common set of scripts under "script" [2]. This might be worthwhile to
add, with or without this potential change to our submodule hosting.

[1] https://github.com/blog/2104-working-with-submodules
[2] https://githubengineering.com/scripts-to-rule-them-all/

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly