[Automated-testing] Yocto Project Automated Testing Status Update

richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Sat Sep 21 09:58:51 PDT 2019

On Fri, 2019-09-20 at 22:10 +0000, Tim.Bird at sony.com wrote:
> > Despite that its worth nothing we are finding kernel regressions, I
> > wrote a recent LWN article about one (
> > https://lwn.net/Articles/788626/)
>
> In the article, it says:
>
> "There are many challenges in packaging these up into entities that
> can run standalone on a cross-platform target and parsing the output
> into a standard format suited to automation. But YP has a standard
> for the output and the installed location of these tests, so they can
> be discovered and run."
>
> Can you tell me what these standard are, or point me to a document
> about them?

Its referring to the ptest runner and ptest output we've previously
discussed. Its a simple standard but it is none the less a standard! :)

One other thing which may be of interest is all our test results for
all our builds are added to a git repository:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/yocto-testresults/

(they're stored in a json format). We don't have good tools to analyse
this yet but we are at least storing them.

Cheers,

Richard