[Automated-testing] Yocto Project Automated Testing Status Update

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Fri Sep 20 14:14:14 PDT 2019

Thanks.  This kind of quick update is very handy to get an idea of
what the different frameworks are doing.

> On a "full" build we now:
>
> * Run ptests on x86 and arm for ~60 pieces of software
I'm curious about the hardware coverage.  Is this
done on actual hardware, or in virtual machines?  If it's
on actual hardware, is this in a single location, or distributed
in some different locations?

> * Run LTP and LTP posix tests
> * Test reproducibility of our toolchain and minimal images
> * Run the gcc, binutils and glibc testsuites on all
>   arm/mips/powerpc/x86 32/64 bit
>
> This all gets summarised in a report like:
>
> https://autobuilder.yocto.io/pub/non-release/20190916-
> 9/testresults/testresult-report.txt
>
> which shows we're running over 1.9 million tests on a given full test
> run. We can do this in around 8 hours.
>
> We're a bit different to most approaches as we're not kernel focused,
> quite the opposite. Ironically the kernel tests are one of the bigger
> holes in our test matrix now.
>
> Despite that its worth nothing we are finding kernel regressions, I
> wrote a recent LWN article about one (https://lwn.net/Articles/788626/)
> . The report above shows another hinted at with strace ptest's "T" for
> timeout. Its an issue with the 5.2 kernel, we're working on reporting
> it.

That's a very interesting test report.  Thanks!
 -- Tim