[Automated-testing] Minutes from OATS call on 2019-08-08

Anmar Oueja anmar.oueja at linaro.org
Mon Sep 9 09:23:17 PDT 2019

Hi,

Here are the minutes from the last call. Corrections are welcome. Next
call is on 2019-09-19 as per Google Calendar invite.

# Attendees
- Dave Pigott (Linaro)
- Maria Högberg (Linaro)
- Linaro Major Hayden (Red Hat, CKI)
- Chris Paterson (CIP Project / Renesas)
- Danel Díaz (Linaro)
- Anmar Oueja (Linaro)
- Naresh Kamboju (Linaro)
- Charles Oliveira (Linaro)
- Dan Rue (Linaro, LKFT)
- Tim Bird (Sony, Fuego)
- Milosz Wasilewski (Linaro)
- Paul Bailey (Cambrionix)
- Luca Di Stefano (Linaro)
- Veronika Kabatov (Red Hat, CKI)
- Mark Brown (ARM, kernel maintainer)
- Rich Persaud (OpenXT)

# Agenda and Minutes

- Quick introductions

- [Dave P] Test result agregation daemon
  - Any progress to report?
  - Will drop from Agenda

- [Dave P] PDUDaemon and unified API
  - Are we agreed on the spec I put together?
(https://github.com/dave-pigott/pdudaemon/blob/master/share/powercontrolapi.md)
  - What is the urgency for this? It’s low on my priority list at the moment
  - [Dave] Make a link on wiki page
(https://www.elinux.org/Test_Standards#Power_Control)

- [Tim B] Test definitions
  - Progress report
  - A little progress (https://elinux.org/Test_Definition_Project)
    - Test-definitions and sh-test-lib
    - Is a page for brainstorming, idea organization, resources, and
alternatives descriptions
    - Have a separate google doc for the standard itself, not published yet
  - Have focused a bit of research on the board agent API (on-board
library of utility functions)

- [Mark B] Kernel summit
  - Any change from last meeting?
  - No testing topic planned

- [Tim B] Test definition survey
  - From last meeting “CKI not represented at
https://elinux.org/Test_definition_survey but a reply to the survey
was sent”
    - [Tim B] I’ll check
  - Now represented - https://elinux.org/CKI_survey_response

- Conferences
  - [Veronika] CKI Hackfest
  - ELC-E
  - ATS
    - Need to get someone from 0-day at ATS
  - Linaro Connect

- AOB
  - [Anmar] - LWN.net will have expanded coverage of ATS
    - Jake from LWN will be at ATS
  - [Anmar] - Did we invite the 01.org testing team to this call?
    - Send names to Maria to add
  - [Dan R] - Pproposed ‘Scaling CI with Kselftest’ at plumbers
testing and fuzzing microconference - May send out a survey to gather
feedback.
    - [Mark B] send a patch to the list ahead of time to get some of
the discussion out of the way

# Next call
  - Sep 12 conflicts with CKI Hackfest
  - Move this call to Sep 19