[Automated-testing] [Openembedded-architecture] Yocto Project LTS Proposal/Discussion

Adrian Bunk bunk at stusta.de
Mon Oct 28 06:01:31 PDT 2019

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 06:55:53AM -0400, Rich Persaud wrote:
> OpenXT uses OpenEmbedded to develop systems with hardware-assisted security properties.  If Yocto LTS can reduce our existing test burden on real hardware, there is potential for collaboration.  Currently-scoped Yocto LTS would not be a good fit for testing security properties, especially if the virtual test hardware is based on Ubuntu instead of OpenEmbedded meta-virtualization + bitbake guarantees for software supply chain integrity.

Your arguing could have been better.

You came across as just suggesting additional work to be done by other people.

Start with describing what resoure commitment you are able to make,
and then continue with what you need for that from Yocto LTS.
Emphasize that your commitment is higher than the effort required
for satisfying what you need additionally.

Such an "I can help you" pitch has a much higher chance of success than
an "I want you to do" pitch.

It might be more approriate that you make such an offer to Richard
directly rather than in a public place.

> Rich

cu
Adrian