[Automated-testing] pdudaemon new release - 0.0.8

Matt Hart matt at mattface.org
Tue Oct 29 16:04:38 PDT 2019

Hi all,

As there have been some big code changes to pdudaemon recently it felt like
a good time to tag a release and also update the mailing list with the new
features:

* direct drive support
Make command-line control requests to PDU drivers inside the
pdudaemon project without needing to run the network service and use a
client.

* device alias support
A device alias is a free text field that maps to a specific pdu hostname
and port in the pdudaemon configuration file. Once an alias is configured,
remote clients (and the direct drive support) can make a power control
request to the alias instead of needing to know the specific pdu and port.
Automation systems can now easier outsource their power control
configuration to pdudaemon and make requests with only their device names.
I intend to add pdudaemon API support into LAVA for this very soon.

* more drivers added
- YKush USB hubs
- EnerGenie USB PDUs
- Generic SNMP driver - supports snmpv1/v3 with or without auth, to any MIB
and control point. Includes examples for APC SNMP control.

* Usual bug fixes and documentation updates

Future work
- Better document the configuration file options
- move to asyncio/aiohttp to scrap the SQLite backend
- adding support for more delay options
- Home Assistant plugin ;)
- Alternative to the JSON configuration file... YAML?

PDUDaemon is on github at https://github.com/pdudaemon/pdudaemon
On dockerhub at pdudaemon/pdudaemon
On IRC at freenode #pdudaemon

I will be at ELC-Lyon/ATS this week, hope to see you there!

--
Matt Hart