[Automated-testing] board/vm management layer verbs for syzbot

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Mon Oct 7 16:10:48 PDT 2019

Dmitry,

In our hallway conversation at Plumbers we talked about the
functions used for syzbot to control and/or communicate
with the system under test.  I wrote them down somewhere, but I
can't find them now.

I believe you said something like "we only use a small number of functions"
(like 4 or so).

Can you tell me what these are, or point to where I can find them in
the syzbot source code?

Just for comparison, Fuego uses the following, which we call our
"transport" APIs:
 * cmd - execute a command on the device under test
 * put - copy files and/or directories to the device under test
 * get - copy files and/or directories from the device under test

And ones that we consider our board management API:
 * setup - can be used for provisioning a board or instantiating a vm
 * teardown - used for instance destruction (for vms)
 * reboot - reboot the device under test

Thanks,
 -- Tim