[Automated-testing] Call for agenda items for the Open Automated Testing Standard (OATS) call this Thursday Nov, 14th

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Thu Nov 14 04:23:02 PST 2019

OK - let me backtrack then, and say that I'd like to have a discussion on
provisioning.  I'm working on the provisioning layer in Fuego.  My goal
would be to be able to grab the software under test from an external
source.  If the right people are on the call I'd like to discuss the different
pieces of data that are used to provision the board by:
 - LAVA
 - labgrid
 - beaker
 - r4d
 - SLAV

My initial guess is that the following are provided:
 - kernel image
 - kernel modules binaries (maybe embedded in filesystem image?)
 - kernel config file (maybe embedded in the kernel in /proc/config.gz?)
 - kernel System.map
 - device tree file
 - initrd image
 - root filesystem image
 - additional filesystem image(s)
 - kernel headers

(some of these may be included in a filesystem image)

Thanks,
 -- Tim