[Automated-testing] Test definition survey

Milosz Wasilewski milosz.wasilewski at linaro.org
Fri Jan 11 05:42:46 PST 2019

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 at 01:41, <Tim.Bird at sony.com> wrote:

> OK everyone.  My holidays are over, and it's time to roll up my sleeves and get back to work
> on automated testing standards.
>
> One of my action items from the Automated Testing Summit
> (see https://elinux.org/Automated_Testing_Summit)
> was to do a survey of "test definitions".
>
> I said at the meeting that this would not be an onerous field-by-field survey, but
> rather something simple.

Hi Tim,

Here are answers for test-definitions:

https://github.com/Linaro/test-definitions/tree/master/automated/linux/busybox

https://github.com/Linaro/test-definitions/tree/master/automated/linux/libhugetlbfs

>  - to your repository of tests - hopefully a single directory at a repository online where
> I can find multiple test definitions.

We recently moved our 'master' repository to github:
https://github.com/Linaro/test-definitions/

For the 'files' part, each test in test-definitions is stored in a
separate directory. The directory has to contain at least the YAML
file that is compliant with LAVA test definition. We have a sanity
check script (validate.py) that is executed on any pull request. This
ensures all files pushed to the repository are compliant. Usual
practice is that test directory contains a test script (shell script).
Script is responsible for installing dependencies, running tests and
parsing results. There is no mandatory format there but
test-definitions provides a library of functions that help writing
test scripts. There are libraries for 'linux' and 'android'. We also
host directory for manual tests and simple executor for them but in
the context of automated testing these are irrelevant.

Best Regards,
milosz