[Automated-testing] LTP and test metadata

Cyril Hrubis chrubis at suse.cz
Fri Aug 23 02:36:49 PDT 2019

Hi!
> > [Note] here I am assuming that you can pass parameters to the test cases
> > (e.g.: size, number of times, units, number of threads etc..) and that the set
> > of parameters could affect the dependencies/requirements.
> >
> > 2) Test writers can add additional metadata by writting comments in a specific
> > format layout. The format layout is an open question.
> >
> > [Comment] Could you describe the format that you support in your proof-of-
> > concept?
> Agreed.  It would be nice to have a description of the format, or some examples.

As I tried to explain, there is no format yet, it's just a text, it
depends on how we make use of the data.

So we can start by agreeing on the markup format for the test
documentation, I would go for one of the asscii based formats but there
are a few to choose, the most used ones are probably:

* markdown
* asciidoc
* reStructuredText

Preferencies aside markdown seems to be aspiring for a industry
standard, mostly due to GitHub so sticking to it would be a logical
choice.

--
Cyril Hrubis
chrubis at suse.cz