[Automated-testing] Reminder about Automated Testing Summit

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Fri Aug 9 14:24:03 PDT 2019

Hey open source community testing people...

As discussed last year, I have created a new, open event, called the
Automated Testing Summit.  A number of people were involved in
a private meeting in 2018, where we started discussing a lot of
different ideas for more effectively collaborating as a group on
Open Source testing efforts.  This event is open to the public, and
is a follow-on to that meeting.

The event will be held on October 31, 2019 I Lyon, France.  This is the day
after ELC.  This event is essentially meant to take over as the "testing track" of
ELC, as an independent event.  But also it is intended to encompass more
than just testing of embedded products - hence the separate event.

You can find information about the event at:
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/ats-2019/

I'd like to encourage you to propose a talk or session for this event
through its CFP site, here:
https://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/ats-2019/program/cfp/

Please note that the CFP deadline is August 13 - next Tuesday.

I have some areas I'd like to focus on, which include:
   - test definition standards
   - results formats, APIS and protocols
   - lab management APIs

However, I think the topics should be driven by the interests of
the attendees - which is why we have an open proposal period
for sessions.

Please note that this separate event requires a fee to attend.
However, if your proposal for a session is accepted, you'll get
into ATS for free.  Also,  if your session is accepted into ATS,
you'll get a code for 20% discount on entrance to ELCE/OSSEU 2019.

Whether you propose a session or not,  I hope you plan to attend
ATS this year.  We are hoping to build a community of open source
testers, and want to encourage people in the testing field
to get together and share their tools, methods, and experiences at this
new event.

I know some people on this list are attending the Plumbers
testing and fuzzing microconference, and/or the CKI hackfest meeting,
held in Lisbon Portugal in September.   But many of you will not
be able to attend those meetings, and one of the sessions I'll be
proposing for ATS is a report on those events, for those interested
in the testing standards discussions there were held there.  Of course
if you can make it to both that would be great.

I admit that I am operating somewhat in the blind here.  I plan to
extend some invitations to some people personally, to attend the event,
based on the topics I think it would be beneficial to discuss.  I'm hoping
the event will be half working presentations and half working sessions.
If you wouldn't mind, if you plan to attend ATS this year, can you drop
me a quick, informal e-mail saying so, so I can get an idea who is coming?

Thanks and regards,
 -- Tim Bird

P.S. If you proposed a testing-related talk to Embedded Linux Conference
Europe that was not accepted, please consider submitting it to the ATS CFP.
I can't guarantee that it will be accepted, but this is something of a transition
year for us, and things that are not accepted for ELC may find a home at
ATS as we move forward, merely due to the focus of the two events.