[Automated-testing] power-control standard (was RE: Linaro Connect Report)

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Thu Apr 11 11:50:19 PDT 2019

OK - that's a terrible example, and is the type of layer-conflating that I think
many of us have been doing.  The power control layer of the board management
stack should have pdus and ports as its objects, so a better example would be:
"power-control pdu=sony-debug-board port=1 command=cycle"
for the minnowboard in my lab.

The board management layer (LAVA's device layer or ttc's 'target' configuration layer)
should be responsible for maintaining the relationship between the board
and the pdu and port where it is connected.

Also, is it worthwhile to create a pdu port 'resource locator' syntax, like this:
<pdu>:<port>.  So the above becomes "power-control sony-debug-board:1 cycle"?

That's just syntactic sugar for specifying the power connection to the board,
but it's handy to eliminate multiple fields in the device, board, or power layer.

 -- Tim