[Automated-testing] Board Farmer [starting]

Chan, Aaron Chun Yew aaron.chun.yew.chan at intel.com
Sun Sep 2 20:20:53 PDT 2018

Hi Ioannis,

You may want to look into https://www.linaro.org/engineering/projects/lava/ as Yocto Project does uses LAVA for their automated hardware tests/steps.

We at Intel are setting up our Open Source automated hardware tests on reference platform testing related to x86 and x86_64 for Yocto.

I believe the same model which your trying to achieve can be done in Yocto Project but some work is required at your end to enable building KANO OS

In Yocto. Yocto have layers which supports your model.

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-raspberrypi/

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-qt4/

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-virtualization/

Regards,

Aaron

Hey farmers,

I am a new member on this list. I was introduced to MuxPI and was happy to

meet Paweł Wieczorek in FOSDEM and discuss about it.

At the moment we haven't set up anything and I am looking around to new

ideas on how to create an OS testing farm for our KANO OS (based on

Raspberry Pi and Debian/Raspbian).

Please feel free to include my name on the eLinux board farm document,

What would you suggest as a first option to follow CI from Jenkins (where

the image is built) until going further and creating a test farm that can

go through the OS steps (some of them based on a graphical Qt-based

introductory section)? I am open to suggestions and ideas.

Things like https://github.com/resin-io/autohat are very interested for my

case! Thank you everybody.

Regards,
Chan, Aaron