[Automated-testing] Info about Sony Debug Board (multifunction DUT controller hardware)

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Sat Oct 27 10:04:16 PDT 2018

At the Automated Testing Summit, I described Sony's debug board, which is a custom
multifunction DUT controller that Sony Mobile designed for working with mobile
phones.  It is open-source hardware.

A few people have asked about the hardware and source for this, and I responded
privately, but here is the information for anyone else who is interested.

Here is information about the board:
 * elinux page about v2 of the board (how to use) is at:
https://elinux.org/Sony_Debug_Assist_board
 * github page with source code, schematics, BOM, gerber files, etc. is at:
https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/CDB-Assist
 * schematics here:
https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/CDB-Assist/blob/master/Hardware/CDBAssist-v3.1-Schematics.pdf

Please note that I have also put this information on the elinux wiki, on the
Board Farm page.  See https://elinux.org/Board_Farm#multi-function

If you are using DUT control hardware (or farm control hardware) that is not listed
on this page, please feel free to add it.

Regards,
 -- Tim