[Automated-testing] Automated Testing Summit - Test Stack survey - 0-Day CI

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Mon Oct 8 14:55:13 PDT 2018

Thanks - I created the following elinux wiki page for your survey response:
https://elinux.org/0-day_survey_response

a few comments or questions below:

> ==== source code access ====
> * access source code repositories for the software under test?
> "yes"
> * access source code repositories for the test software?
> "yes"
> * include the source for the test software?
> "yes"
> * provide interfaces for developers to perform code reviews?
> "no"
> * detect that the software under test has a new version?
> "yes, through polling the repo and scanning mailing list regularly"
> ** if so, how? (e.g. polling a repository, a git hook, scanning a mail list, etc.)

Is the mail list scanning software open source?

Is it published anywhere?

Do you use existing mail list scanning software (like patchworks or a derivative),
or is this something unique to 0-day?

> * detect that the test software has a new version?
> "yes, pack the test software regularly"
I don't understand this.  Do you mean "check the test software regularly"?

> ==== Test scheduling/management ====
> Does your test system:
> * check that dependencies are met before a test is run?
> "It checks kernel kconfig dependency now"

I was looking in lkp-tests/jobs, and I saw some need_* declarations
in some of the yaml files.

need_memory
need_modules
need_cpu
need_x

Do you consider these to be test dependencies also?

I remember seeing the kernel kconfig dependency information
when I looked at 0-day a long time ago, but I can't find it now.
Can you tell me where in your system this is stored, and maybe
provide an example of this?

Thanks very much for filling out the survey.
 -- Tim