[Automated-testing] Test Stack Survey - SLAV

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Mon Oct 8 12:54:41 PDT 2018

OK. Thanks.

I put your response at:
https://elinux.org/SLAV_survey_response

I marked a few things in red, and I presume
TOML is this: https://github.com/toml-lang/toml
 Is that correct?

A few questions below...

What kinds of things can a test be dependent on?

How are these capabilities described?

Can you give one or two examples?

> == Glossary ==
> Here is a glossary of terms.  Please indicate if your system uses
> different terms for these concepts.
> Also, please suggest any terms or concepts that are missing.
>
> * DUT controller - program and hardware for controlling a DUT (reboot,
> provision, etc.)
>
> This responsibility is divided into DUT-Controller and DUT-Supervisor:
>
> Control hardware (MuxPi) takes care of physical aspects of DUT
> management (switching power supply, jumpers/buttons etc.) while
> supervisor provides connection to the DUT and abstraction for DUT
> management actions (e.g. dut_boot, dut_login, dut_exec, dut_copyfrom,
> dut_copyto commands - additional software on NanoPi).

OK - I put DUT Supervisor on the list of candidate terms to discuss at the
summit.

> * DUT scheduler - program for managing access to a DUT (take
> online/offline, make available for interactive use)
> ** This is not shown in the CI Loop diagram - it could be the same as
> the Test Scheduler
>
> Above is true in SLAV (Boruta)

Thanks very much.
 -- Tim