[Automated-testing] New test glossary available

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Tue Nov 13 16:20:18 PST 2018

Based on feedback at the Automated Testing Summit, I have created
an updated test glossary, for use in our communications.

The glossary is at: https://elinux.org/Test_Glossary

Instead of simply removing terms that were confusing or were rejected, I moved
them to separate sections.  As a nod to our testing friends in the Enterprise
space, I moved from an emphasis on "Device Under Test" to "Target" as the
thing running the software being tested.

There are still a few concepts that I think we will want to use in our discussions
that are not represented in the glossary, but I think it's a good start.
There's a section for Candidate Terms, but I don't think we have sufficient
consensus to agree on using those terms yet.

If your test framework has an online glossary, please add it to the page (at the bottom).
Or respond with a link, and I'll add it.  It's useful to see how different test communities use
different terms.  Any maybe someone already has a good term for a concept we
haven't included in the glossary yet.

Regards,
 -- Tim