[Automated-testing] Info about Sony Debug Board (multifunction DUT controller hardware)

Michal Simek michal.simek at xilinx.com
Mon Nov 5 05:43:04 PST 2018

Hi Tim,

On 27. 10. 18 19:04, Tim.Bird at sony.com wrote:
> At the Automated Testing Summit, I described Sony's debug board, which is a custom
> multifunction DUT controller that Sony Mobile designed for working with mobile
> phones.  It is open-source hardware.
>
> A few people have asked about the hardware and source for this, and I responded
> privately, but here is the information for anyone else who is interested.
>
> Here is information about the board:
>  * elinux page about v2 of the board (how to use) is at:
> https://elinux.org/Sony_Debug_Assist_board
>  * github page with source code, schematics, BOM, gerber files, etc. is at:
> https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/CDB-Assist
>  * schematics here:
> https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/CDB-Assist/blob/master/Hardware/CDBAssist-v3.1-Schematics.pdf
>
> Please note that I have also put this information on the elinux wiki, on the
> Board Farm page.  See https://elinux.org/Board_Farm#multi-function
>
> If you are using DUT control hardware (or farm control hardware) that is not listed
> on this page, please feel free to add it.

This looks good. I have looked at docs/schematics but didn't find any
picture with Beagle Bone Black. It will be good to have it.
I see the configuration in TTC but not the picture.

It is wonderfully aligned with what has been said at ATS to have manual
for BBB for these boards and testing systems.

Thanks,
Michal