[Automated-testing] Looking for a Debian kernel provisioning solution

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Fri Jan 26 10:36:43 PST 2018

OK - I figured someone had to be doing this somewhere.

Has any of this been upstreamed to LAVA?  Where would I look
to find the scripts or programs that are doing this?
I'm a little leery of installing LAVA, as it seems like a complete test
framework, rather than just a board manager, and I don’t want
to add too much overhead to my Fuego setup.  I believe LAVA has
both target-side and host-side dependencies that are a bit onerous.
(But I don't know).

Do you know the name of the person at Colabora who I could
ask about the details of this?

> The job output is a little confusing but you should be able to see the
> commands being sent and the board booting to a prompt.

> [4] https://lava.collabora.co.uk/scheduler/job/1053943

Indeed - I can see some of the commands, but there is obviously more
programmatic logic (expect-like behavior) going on behind the scenes
that I'd need to reproduce to make this generic, which I presume
are embedded in or included in LAVA.

I guess my question is: is there any way to get the provisioning
functionality without having to install LAVA.  If not, then maybe I'll just
do that.
 -- Tim