[Automated-testing] Executing gcc and gdb test suites

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Fri Apr 13 08:23:52 PDT 2018

On 4/9/18 10:53 AM, Sair, Umair wrote:
> Hi folks,
>

> I am trying to find what sort of testing we perform for cross toolchain. I have
> visited Yocto 2.4 test plan wiki [1] and testopia dashboard [2]. So far, I am
> able to find simple test cases that just confirm that gcc and g++ successfully
> build a test file.

I don't know what, if anything this Yocto Project does.

But at Wind River we run dejagnu (included with the toolchain) as part of our
our toolchain validation.  This will cover most regression situations and is a
really good sanity test that things are working in a reasonable way.

This is something that could be extended into the Yocto Project (open embedded)
environment.  It would be a natural fit to the 'ptest' infrastructure.  The only
real issue is that dejagnu is known to now pass with a 100% rate, so you really
need multiple runs to watch for regressions.

--Mark