[Automated-testing] RFC - Automated Testing Summit proposal

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Tue Apr 10 12:44:21 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,

I'm proposing to put together an Automated Testing Summit sometime this fall (2018).
I've put together a page of information about the event so far, at:
https://elinux.org/Automated_Testing_Summit

My preference is to include this in a larger event, such as Plumbers or ELCE.
This e-mail is just an initial notification of my intent to try to put this together.
I'd like to gauge interest in the event, and see what larger event works best
for people.

If you are interested in this, please either respond to this e-mail, or (better)
add your name to the wiki page under "interested in attending".  Sorry,
but expressing interest does not guarantee an invitation to the event.
I'm still not sure, at this point, whether the summit will be open to the public
or invitation-only.  It's all still in flux.  Suggestions or pros/cons on this
topic are welcome.

If the event is at Plumbers, it would probably be a micro-conference inside
that event - one day of Nov 13-15, in Vancouver, Canada.

If the summit is at ELC Europe, it could be before, during or after ELC Europe,
in Edinburgh, Scotland, October 22-24 (most
likely not before, since Oct 22 is a Monday).  Given that ELCE is already
co-located with OpenIOT Europe, and Open Source Summit Europe, I'm
pretty sure the venue will be maxed out, so we may be looking at trying
to get space near the event venue (rather that in it).  (Speaking as an organizer
of ELCE - I don't think I can get a room for a whole day inside the ELCE
tracks or not.  I think it would push out too many other talks.)

If you have an opinion on which venue works best for you, please respond.
Also, if you have an alternate event you'd like to propose for this to be
co-located at (e.g. Linaro connect, kernel recipes, FOSDEM, etc.), that would
be great to hear about as well.

Regards,
 -- Tim