[Automated-testing] Lava, Labgrid & POE

Vincent Prince vincent.prince.fr at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 02:03:19 PDT 2018

Hi all,

I'm planning to create a board farm and I have some questions.

I found LAVA and Labgrid very interesting frameworks and I was wondering if
they can work together or are there any plan for it?

I'm working on custom iMX6 board with both 24V and POE for power-supply and
2 bridged ethernet ports. I'll need to test both ports without creating a
L2 loop, and I'll need to toggle power from POE to 24V to see if they work
both.

In labgrid, it seems to be possible to control switch ports via SNMP (
ethernetport.py/apc.py..), do you know if LAVA supports it?

I don't know if it is the right place to ask, do you guys have hardware
suggestion for 8-port manageable switch with POE?

Last, I want to thank you all for great work on automated testing done
those days.

Best regards,
Vincent