[Automated-testing] Apply QA tests on a specific layer

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 17:25:05 PDT 2016

> On Mar 18, 2016, at 9:29 AM, Markus Boos <Markus.Boos at kistler.com> wrote:
>
> Hi automated testing fellows
>
> I'd like to increase the level of testing in our own layer without inherit a specific class in a recipe. Like enforcing QA checks on our own layer.
> For example check for compiler warnings in our compiled modules.
>
> I didn't found a hint to achieve this in the yocto docs nor in the mailing list archive nor on G.
>
> Is this a stupid goal to achieve? If yes, why?

its perfectly fine. There are bunch of build time QA checks which are either warnings or errors
and may not be enabled by default. Poky, the ref distro enables a big list of them and turns warnings to errors as well. but thats not what you are after I suppose.

I would love to have a warning parser or error parser, which can point them out from build/compile logs.