[Automated-testing] Ignored ptest package or failed build

Ondrej Kucharik Ondrej.Kucharik at kistler.com
Wed Mar 4 05:01:20 PST 2015

Hi all,

I have an issue with ptest. I'm coping with it a couple of days. My ptest package is usually ignored or the build fails with an error message. It depends on a context of core-image.bb.

If core-image.bb contains :

DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " ptest"
EXTRA_IMAGE_FEATURES += " ptest-pkgs"

then ptest package is omitted in the builded image. I cannot find ptest-runner on the image too.

If core-image.bb contains :

DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " ptest"
CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL_append = " ptest-runner vehicles vehicles-ptest"

Then I get the error message:
"
ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'vehicles-ptest' (but /data/yocto_workspace/yocto/meta-xxx/recipes-core/images/core-image-dbg.bb RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
NOTE: Runtime target 'vehicles-ptest' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['vehicles-ptest']
ERROR: Required build target 'core-image-dbg' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['core-image-dbg', 'vehicles-ptest']
"

Could somebody please advise me what is wrong here?

My vehicles.bb file looks like this:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
require ./../base.inc

DESCRIPTION = "xxx"
AUTHOR = "xxx"
SECTION = "xxx"
LICENSE = "xxx"
LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = "xxx"

PR="${PR_INC}.1"

DEPENDS = "liblog \
           boost \
           "

RDEPENDS_${PN} = "liblog \
                  boost \
                  "

SRC_URI += "file://run-ptest"

S = "${WORKDIR}/software/vehicles"

inherit autotools-brokensep gettext pkgconfig ptest

PACKAGE_DEBUG_SPLIT_STYLE = "debug-without-src"

FILES_${PN} = "/opt/test/${PN}/Vehicles"

FILES_${PN}-dbg = "/opt/test/${PN}/.debug/Vehicles"

do_install() {

    install -d ${D}/opt/test/${PN}
    install -m 0755 ${S}/test/Vehicles ${D}/opt/test/${PN}
}