[Automated-testing] [RFC] Analysis of the Yocto Test System

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Feb 9 05:57:39 PST 2015

Dear Otavio,

In message <CAP9ODKo-1t7F_Kd7reYLVtb0JHfX3qiL5bueLqGR9oT2HoA27A at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I had a look on your proposal and it does look a good generic
> solution. At same time, I'd prefer something detachable from Yocto
> Project as it allow us to reuse it in case we have the need to use
> other build system due customer requirements...

I think it makes a lot of sense to focus on an industry-standard,
community-driven environment for such tools, and Yocto already comes
with a pretty decent frame work to base such extensions on.

If you come up with extensions to use these tools with other build
systems, you can always try to push these into Yocto mainline.