[Automated-testing] [RFC] Analysis of the Yocto Test System

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Mon Feb 9 03:52:17 PST 2015

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 9:07 AM, Claudius Heine <ch at denx.de> wrote:
> On 09.02.2015 11:57, Otavio Salvador wrote:
>>> Also the deployment options are currently rather limited. NFS and
>>> TFTP would be nice to have.
>>
>> I fully agree with your conclusions here. I would be interested in
>> know if you have thought about possible solutions for those
>> limitations and how it could be done? Also LAVA seems to have some
>> of those features already implemented. Did you look at it?
>
> I know about LAVA, but I didn't had time to look at it more closely.
> My proposed solution is documented it the link I send with the topic
> post. Generally we would be interested in merging those changes into
> mainline poky/yocto. I am not sure if this is possible with LAVA.

Both are.

LAVA guys are very friendly as well. We are putting it at O.S. Systems
for automated testing and so far it does well.

I had a look on your proposal and it does look a good generic
solution. At same time, I'd prefer something detachable from Yocto
Project as it allow us to reuse it in case we have the need to use
other build system due customer requirements...

>>> I uploaded a draft of my report[2] and request you comments,
>>> ideas or suggestions.
>>
>> Very good. By the way is it done in which documentation framework?
>
> I used sphinx[1]. And for those UML diagrams plantuml[2]. PlantUML is
> useful, because it allows to check text files into git repositories
> instead of pdf/png/...

Ok. Thanks.