[Automated-testing] Automated testing with LAVA

Alan Bennett alan.bennett at linaro.org
Thu Sep 4 10:24:06 PDT 2014

Hi Markus;

On 4 September 2014 06:02, Markus Boos <Markus.Boos at kistler.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks
>
> I'm Test Manger in a company using Yocto for several products.
> And we are start to setup an automated test environment for those products
> as well.

I definitely would like to know what your plans are here.  I think the
biggest value of any automation system is ultimately the test portfolio and
I'd love to be able to run and trend each nightly build's ptest results.
 However, based on the few ptest samples I looked at it's not going to be
100% straightforward.  The heavy use of special characters and repetition /
nesting will require us to create a pretty smart state machine to parse
through the results, and though it's not necessarily difficult, ...

> > Could you let me know your availability for a meeting next week
> (especially those on
> > CC, but others are welcome)? I would tentatively suggest Friday UK
> evening / US
> > Pacific morning time - would that work?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Paul
> >
> > --
> >
> > Paul Eggleton
> > Intel Open Source Technology Centre
> > --
>
> Cheers
> Markus

Alan Bennett, Director of Product Technology
Linaro.org <http://www.linaro.org/> *│ *Open source software for ARM SoCs |
Follow Linaro*:* Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Linaro> | Twitter
<http://twitter.com/#%21/linaroorg> | Blog
<http://www.linaro.org/linaro-blog/>