[Automated-testing] Automated testing with LAVA

Otavio Salvador otavio at ossystems.com.br
Thu Sep 4 05:26:18 PDT 2014

Hello,

(Added Lucas Nunes, on Cc, which works at O.S. Systems with me and
been looking at LAVA)

On Thu, Sep 4, 2014 at 8:23 AM, Paul Eggleton
<paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> As some of you may know, over the last few months we've been working through
> some exercises with LAVA attempting to see how it could be integrated into the
> Yocto Project QA workflow. At this point I think we've reached some conclusions
> about how it's currently working, and I'd like to schedule a meeting to
> discuss that with interested parties some time next week (perhaps on a hangout
> as previously?)

Works fine for me.

> It also strikes me that this mailing list has gone a little quiet lately,
> we've not had a meeting for a while and I've not really heard anything from
> other folks working on LAVA integration - it would be good to get an update on
> how that is going.

We, at O.S. Systems, been trying to understand what is ready to use in
LAVA tests (so we avoid redoing work) and were able to:

 * go through all available available tests and check for bashisms
(sent patch for them)
 * prepare a document with all tests description which we want to have
somehow included on the tests itself
 * get some simple images booting and running with tests on LAVA (QEMU
and KVM ones for now)

Lucas, did I miss anything?

> Could you let me know your availability for a meeting next week (especially
> those on CC, but others are welcome)? I would tentatively suggest Friday UK
> evening / US Pacific morning time - would that work?

We can do it I think; let me know a tentative time.