[Automated-testing] Recommended way for QA of own packages

Markus Boos boosakaboss at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 12:56:38 PDT 2014

Hi

We’re using the Yocto Build system as a platform for our Products.

To go one step towards continuous deliver, I’m asking myself, what is the best way, together with the yocto build system QA environment,  to run unit test’s and their coverage.
Shall we
- add single packages (one with untitests, one with coverage flags) and run them on the target
or
- add everything behind the ptest feature

Consider that we are using an ARM based machine (same family as on the beagle board), we have a different bootloader (u-boot) and some packages are strongly coupled to the hardware, those packages need the hardware to run unit tests.

Does anyone has a recommendation or plan?

BR
Markus