[Automated-testing] LAVA Intro presentation

William Mills wmills at ti.com
Fri Jan 24 12:57:47 PST 2014

On 01/24/2014 02:50 PM, Darren Hart wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-01-24 at 20:52 +0100, Bird, Tim wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I'm really sorry I missed this event, as I was very interested in comparing LAVA to Cogent's
>> current systems (as I understand them), and to my own systems.
>>

> Similarly for me as well. There were some workflow and integration
> concerns I wanted to discuss and how Lava compared to Autotest in this
> respect.

Yes, sorry for the short notice.

Luckily the session was recorded:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpKRz9-SMGA&feature=c4-overview&list=UUIVqQKxCyQLJS6xvSmfndLA

or "test" session on http://www.youtube.com/user/LinaroOnAir

Alan was also keeping live notes in a google doc.
I think he wanted to make some permission changes before publishing the
link so I will let him send the link.

> For example: what facilities exist in Lava for target management?
> Consoles? Logs? Power control? I use conmux for this with Autotest.
>
> This unfortunately landed in the middle of some very heavy churn for me
> in a number of areas, and it would have been difficult to make the
> discussion even had I received the invite yesterday. Can we work to have
> a few days notice for things like this in the future?
>
> I'm particularly disappointed to have missed it as I was the one that
> requested it.

If you watch the video, we will have a session for follow up questions.

On the call we suggested that we have another session late next week.
I suggest the same time slot next Friday if that works for enough people.